This leading professional regulatory body is seeking an Experienced Qualified Accountant on a full-time permanent basis at Senior Executive Officer grade to assist the Head of Finance in carrying out the Finance function in compliance with best practice and legislative requirements.
The role is part of the Corporate Services Directorate and will support the Finance function and deliver on relevant objectives in line with organisation’s Strategy Statement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance on all matters pertaining to the operational management of the Finance function.
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring the organisation’s annual budget and expenditure.
- Promote the organisation’s Vision, Mission and Values through actions, training, communications and leading by example.
- Prepare Management Accounts and Annual Reports.
- Liaise with internal and external (Comptroller and Auditor General) Auditors.
- Assist with the management of the organisation’s Investments Portfolio.
- Assist with the management and ongoing monitoring the risk register for the Finance function.
- Assist with and manage Committees /Working Groups.
- Responsibility for performing regular audits to ensure the organisation’s documentation and accounts are up to date.
- Assist the Head of Finance in driving the work plan and business process improvement within the Finance function.
- Support the Head of Finance in implementing, amending and updating the organisation’s policies and procedures in line with best practice and ensuring compliance with legislation and government guidance.
- Support and advise management on any issues in the Finance function, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and recording instances of non-compliance.
- Assist with the line management and development of staff within the team.
- Assist the Head of Finance on cross organisational projects.
- Will ensure mandatory training is organised and delivered to all staff.
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance/Director of Corporate Services/CEO from time to time.
- Recording assets and maintaining asset records
- Provision of accounting information as required by Management team
- Managing communication and feedback via multiple mediums.
Required skills, qualifications, and experience:
- A professional Accountancy Qualification with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a similar role, preferably including Public Sector experience.
- Recent experience at a senior level in a similar role, ideally in a professional body or regulatory environment.
- Experience working with diverse teams across various functions.
- A proven track record of successfully managing and working as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a significant workload in a demanding environment within tight deadlines, and to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to work on own initiative with strong multitasking capabilities.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with a forensic attention to detail.
- Experience in the use and development of appropriate financial management systems.
- Ability to supervise and manage own and others’ workloads.
- A proven ability to organise his/her own time effectively, prioritise workload and set realistic timelines for delivery of required outputs, strong time management, planning, and prioritisation skills, professionalism, and integrity.
- A demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at senior level and demonstrate sound strategic and operational judgment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong management of relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent team building and mentoring skill.
This appointment will be offered on a full-time permanent basis.
Salary €49,845 to €58,578 plus 29 days annual leave. Normal 37 hour working week (with flex). Remote based role for now
To apply for this role please email your up-to-date CV in via the web link