At Lex Consultancy we are working on behalf of a growing Ecommerce company with global presence. They currently have a super opportunity available for a Financial Analyst to join their finance function. The purpose of the role will be to play an integral part in the execution of finance system and process improvement projects.
This is a permanent position that will require a qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of financial reporting, data and cash flows, accounting entries and system processes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Continuously improve finance systems & processes through the execution and support of key finance projects
- Identify & drive efficiencies in financial reporting & analysis ecosystem – e.g. build automated spreadsheets / solutions to reduce manual labour
- Responsible for the specification & testing of reporting for the implementation of finance projects, ensuring integrity of reporting data flow from initial transactions through to accurate recording & accounting entries in ledgers
- Creation of finance process mapping documentation (As-Is/To Be states) as part of optimisation projects, driving an ethos of process documentation & dissemination of understanding, and ensure Finance Manual kept up to date
- Assessment of financial impacts for execution of projects – e.g. FX, VAT invoicing requirements etc
- Assist Finance Project Manager in the assessment, upgrade, implementation & metric tracking of third-party providers (e.g. System Interfaces, Payment Processors)
- Support Finance team on day-to-day operational use issues for Finance & Third-Party Systems, ensuring resolution of issues & future optimisations considered
- Regular review of third-party reporting & reconciliations for accuracy, completeness & continuous optimisation potential
- Lead education & support to wider business on the roll-out & operation of new business processes (e.g. expenses)
- Create and review improvement project KPIs for projects to ensure ongoing management of improvement successes and/or remediation points
- Administration, user management, ongoing performance tracking, and optimisation of Finance & Business systems & interfaces
- Continuously look for optimisation potential projects to present to Finance Project Manager, ensuring ongoing improvements for the Finance team’s service provision
- Actively participate and take ownership of ad-hoc projects as required
Interested applicants will include the following:
- Qualified Accountant with 1- 2 years PQE (or equivalent background & experience considered)
- Proven track record in implementing successful process & system optimisations for Finance teams
- Demonstrated ability to execute & support complex financial projects involving the review, establishment, and ongoing management of reporting & reconciliation requirements
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to compile project planning & execution documentation and deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrated involvement in finance system & payment processing upgrades and/or implementations. Experience with SUN financial system would be useful
- Excellent knowledge of internal finance controls and workflow processes (e.g. R2R, AP, O2C)
- Proven ability to review processes from end-to-end and produce organisational documentation. Familiarity with process mapping tools useful (e.g. Visio)
- Advanced user of Excel, ability to build financial flow models & automated spreadsheets. Experience with BI tools an advantage (e.g. Tableau)
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role where you will have ownership of interesting projects that will add real value to the finance function of this organisation. To be considered, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review via the enclosed link.
This permanent role will offer a salary in the region of €55,000 - €60,000 plus benefits.