My client is a progressive corporate law firm with City Centre offices. They currently have a unique opportunity available within their finance function for a financial accountant looking to take the next step in their career.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified (Big 4 ideally) with 1-3 years PQE gained in a corporate multinational setting.
The Financial Accountant will report directly to Financial Controller and will assist with the day-to-day running of the finance support function with strong growth plans for the coming years. The successful candidate will contribute in a meaningful way to the accomplishment of the finance departments' objectives, which support the company’s high performance culture.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Post journal entries at month-end for salaries, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, bad debt provisions and update schedules
- Reconcile payroll control accounts
- Reconcile loan schedule when quarterly interest rates are received and adjust interest charge
- Review fixed asset register
- Review bank reconciliations
- Review petty cash, court stamps and various disbursement account reconciliations
- Review of trust matter balances and investigate slow moving balances
- Review Euronext/CBOI postings
- Perform monthly review of all expense accounts against budget and post adjusting journals as required
- Prepare monthly expense summaries for department managers showing actuals against budget
- Review of bi-monthly VAT return and submit on ROS
- Prepare monthly update for HR of employee deductions, tax saver tickets and bike to work scheme deductions for payroll purposes
- Preparation of audit confirmation letters
- Assist with the annual budgets, audits and Law Society report
- Provide cover for online banking payment set up and approvals
- reparation of ad-hoc reports as requested (e.g. Fees reports)
- Supervise 2 direct reports
To be considered for this position, your cv should display the following:
- Professional accountancy qualification, ACCA or ACA with experience of IFRS accounting
- Big 4 training is highly desirable
- Experience working in a corporate law firm is highly desirable
- 2-5 years PQE gained in a corporate setting
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability manage a complex and demanding workload and prioritise tasks and projects to meet work standards and personal performance targets
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of understanding. This will include high quality correspondence
- Strong supervisory skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with difficult confidential situations in an efficient and professional manner
This organisation prides itself on the dynamic and energetic working environment which it offers, and is also noted for its genuine commitment and support given to the staff working there. To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send an up to date copy of your cv for immediate review via the enclosed link.
A very generous salary, benefits and bonus package will be on offer to the successful candidate.