Our client is a successful and growing organisation with a strong global presence.
They have a large accounting Shared Services Centre in South Dublin and currently have an opportunity for a financial Accountant to join their team.
Working in a dynamic, fast paced and supportive environment, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of full US GAAP & Local GAAP balance sheet and profit & loss accounts. Including monitoring the work of more junior team members where that feeds into the ledger of their responsibility
- Preparation of variance analysis templates for review during month end to validate accuracy in reporting
- Preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with Enterprise Wide Accounting Policies & Procedures Manual requirements for areas of responsibility
- Review of black-line reconciliations prepared by more junior team members to the standard required by Enterprise Wide Accounting Policies & Procedures Manual
- Taking the initiative to prepare action plans / documenting issues of concern for areas of responsibility and working collaboratively with management to bring them to conclusion
- Acting as lead staff accountant on transition activities, including, travelling with GAC management to the local country to review & assess the work for transition including documenting related procedures in order to support the transition of knowledge to other team members in the GAC.
- Significant involvement in supporting statutory audit preparation
- Support others in the completion of their audit procedures/preparation in order to meet required deadlines
- Active involvement in completing STAR (Statutory Accounting & Reporting) requirements
- Completion of quarterly one source tax provisions (OTP') calculations within the OTP system & return to provision submissions within the OTP system
- Actively support GAC initiatives such as training through presenting on specified topics to GAC teams or cross training within own team
- Ability to evaluate ledger compliance with US GAAP & Local GAAP methods including assessing unusual issues or complex matters
To be considered for this opportunity, interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in accounting
- 2-4 years work experience in a general ledger or related accounting function
- Qualified in a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA MASTERS LEVEL Professional Qualifications) preferred
- US GAAP experience/shared service environment preferred
- Strong communication skills including excellent written communication
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic multinational working environment with a supportive team and management structure.
This is a permanent position that will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. To apply for this position, please send your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Lex Consultancy vis the enclosed link.