Are you an experienced ER / IR Specialist or Employment Lawyer? Are you passionate about coaching and providing specialist advice to internal clients and stakeholders?
My client is currently seeking an experienced Labour Relations Manager on a 6 month contract with a strong background in employment/labour law with a particular focus on individual matters.
Reporting to the Country Manager with a dot line report to the District HR Manager, this is a largely autonomous role focusing on providing high quality Employee Relations case management services
Working as part of a team nationally, the Labour Relations Manager acts as the principal contact for supporting leaders and team members with:
- Providing a consultative guidance for business management to develop resolution strategies for employee issues and concerns in a timely and effective manner
- Implementing a new labour programs to build relationships with management and union leaders
- Collaborates cross-functionally with business management to investigate, analyse, and resolve critical and complex concerns
- Understanding local labour issues and priorities that impact the business and employee relations to ensure effective leadership decisions.
- Participate in negotiations with unions in order to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Work to ensure legal compliance with local laws and regulations related to labour relations.
- Consult with senior management on communications needs to ensure communications strategies are developed and aligned with country objectives
- Review audit findings with management to ensure identified exceptions are substantiated.
- Manage resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Recent and relevant experience in employment/labour law
- An experienced Workplace Relations / Employment Lawyer, ER/IR professional or HR specialist
- Comfortable dealing with a variety of different people, largely on a face to face basis in environments such as supply chain, production and manufacturing
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills; able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and customers
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant ER/IR legislation
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills are important as is a commercial orientation
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, please apply to Sarah at Lex Consultancy