Applicants for this position should have a minium of 6 years PQE in a similar role within a professional body, a health service provider or similar organisation.
The role sits within the Regulation Department which is responsible for advising and supporting the Council, the Preliminary Proceedings Committee, the Fitness to Practise Committee and other related committees and working groups in their statutory duties and powers.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience of managing a team and supervising own and others workloads and srong interpersonal skills.
Salary is €89,072 (Principal Officer grade) plus benefits including pension, 32 days AL and a genuine work/life balance.
Reporting to the Director of Regulation the role requires a skilled and experienced lawyer with highly developed leadership and communication skills.
Do you have.....
- A thorough knowledge of administrative and constitutional law and Judicial Review
- A thorough knowledge of the principles of natural justice
- Keen advocacy skills at District, Circuit and High Court levels
- Experience of making applications to the High Court
- Experience of instructing and managing counsel and external lawyers
- A proven understanding of the law relating to professional regulation in this and other jurisdictions and other relevant Irish legislation
- A proven understanding of EU legislation and regulation
- A proven track record of success at planning and prioritising legal case work
- An unwavering attention to detail particularly when under pressure
- Experience in the use of appropriate technology in particular case management systems and other IT applications
- The ability to provide expert legal advice to the Council concerning its functions , duties and powers
- Experience of managing a significant workload
- Ability to work on own initiative with strong multitasking capabilities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks effectively
Please forward your CV in confidence to Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy.