An exciting opportunity to work Part-time as an Accountant in a small healthcare organisation based in Dublin 6 (15 Minute walk from green Luas line). This is a permanent position, working 3 days per week. The salary on offer is €40,000 Pro Rata.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the day to day finance needs of the office including monthly bookkeeping, management of petty cash, approval and payment of supplier invoices, payroll & pension reconciliation and maintaining high quality filing systems for all financial records;
- Manage and prepare monthly management reports and accounts and Annual Budgets for presentation to the Board.
- Responsible for preparing year end accounts in audit format, including the compilation of the year-end file. Engage with our Auditors on the financial audit, preparing all documentation and files and addressing queries.
- Counter check expense claim forms for accuracy, code, signature and proper documentation and process the payment on time.
- Prepare invoices.
- Be responsible for operating the Sage Financial System.
- Calculate and maintain staff payroll (30 Staff Members).
- Maintain staff roster, sick leave and holiday records.
- Submit Revenue and pension returns.
- Identify emerging governance issues (HIQA, Accounting standards), ensuring compliance and ensuring information submitted as required.
- Responsible for the set-up of beneficiaries and payments on Online Banking, ensuring accuracy of information and input. Upload and maintain online bank data onto the financial system
- Monitor balances to ensure that cash levels are maintained to meet payments as they are due. Process and reconcile bank accounts.
- Manage the Petty cash.
Site Maintenance Admin.
- Manage all building service contracts and be the focal point for contractors and service providers.
- Maintain all service and maintenance records.
- Be the focal point for Health and Safety in the office, including enforcing the H&S policy, fire safety, undertaking risk assessments and keeping up to date with H&S legislation
- Ensure adequate filing systems, storage and archive facilities are in place.
- Bookkeeper/ Accounting Technician or equivalent
- Knowledge of financial procedures and processes and familiarity with the use of management information systems for financial management
- Proven experience of recording accounting transactions and maintaining accounting records
- Good working knowledge and previous experience in using at least one accounting package
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to manage and build relationships with external suppliers.
- Proven ability and willingness to work under pressure to process high volume of work while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise on going vs. immediate needs appropriately
- A systematic and organised approach with an ability to follow things through
- Ability and willingness to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Flexible, proactive and willing to continually update own skills and knowledge across a range of Finance related subjects
If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV to [email protected]