Reporting to the Operational Risk Manager, the Operational Risk Analyst will be involved in the continuing development of the Operational Risk Management Framework. You will be working closely with all areas of the business, supporting the implementation of key risk requirements and monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to ensure that the company meets its risk and regulatory obligations.
It is essential that you have fluent written and spoken German and English language skills to be considered as all duties are performed through German and your first interview will be held through German.
Work for a company that support their staff individually in their career and personal development and have programmes to support health and wellbeing.
- Salary: €37K+ DOE
- Permanent Role
- Excellent wellbeing initiatives in place with excellent company culture
- Currently working remotely, centrally located offices in Dublin 1
Key responsibilities of the Operational Risk Analyst will include:
- Supporting the Operational Risk team in the completion of Business Team Risk Assessments including blank page assessments;
- Reporting on key risk and control indicators of department/business units;
- Overseeing the operational risk event management process to ensure that timeliness, integrity, and quality control are maintained;
- Ensuring appropriate review of the financial impact of operational incidents, root cause, business impact analysis and lessons learned;
- Supporting with monitoring, reviewing and communicating the impact of the operational risk aspects of future initiatives, including business changes and targeted risk reviews;
- Working together with other organisational lines of defence (i.e. Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.) as required;
- Contributing to the maintenance of strong relationships with the key business units both in Ireland and in Germany;
- Supporting the embedding of awareness across the company of our operational risk management requirements and responsibilities;
- Maintenance of key operational risk systems, manuals and processes;
- Assisting with other operational risk duties as directed by the Operational Risk Manager.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a risk-related role in the financial services industry. Strong consideration will also be given to candidates with an operations, compliance or audit background;
- Qualification: Ideally a 3rd level degree in a business or related area but applications from various educational backgrounds are welcome;
- Knowledge: Candidate will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of process, risk, and control design concepts and governance from an operational risk management or audit perspective, as well as working knowledge in risk mitigation;
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact and build effective working relationships with peers and all levels of management;
- Communication skills: Strong communication skills as the person will work in a cross functional role with all other departments; so it is essential that applicants have great oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others;
- Linguistic Skills: Fluent written and spoken German and English language skills;
- Self-starter: Highly organized, ability to work without supervision as well as with other team members both at a local and Group level;
- Problem Solving skills: Ability to identify weaknesses in systems and processes and apply subject matter expertise to help to mitigate risk of failures from such internal operations;
- Flexibility: Willingness and availability to travel to the German offices as required;
- IT Skills: Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of products; ability to learn new tools and adapt to new systems quickly.
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV to Ellen via the enclosed link.