Lex Consultancy is recruiting for a Research Executive on behalf of the Mental Health Commission of Ireland.
This position will be offered at Higher Executive Officer grade, on a temporary contract basis for approx 12 months, paid weekly through Lex Consultancy. This is not a permanent role.
The Commission is seeking a Research Executive to join the Standards and Quality Assurance Team to assist in the revision of the its Rules and Code of Practice in mental health services in line with international best practice. The Research Executive will be responsible for supporting the Senior Standards Development Manager in the production of revised rules and codes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
The role involves the following key responsibilities and duties:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of an approved methodology to produce revised rules and codes on the use of restrictive practices in mental health services in line with best international practice.
- Researching, analysing, and collating data and information from various sources to ensure that the rules and codes are developed in line with international best practice and are evidence based.
- Undertaking research in line with the approved methodology, including literature reviews, focus groups, forums of consultation and / or any other research methods employed, and analysis of data that are produced.
- Coordinating and managing an advisory group and engagement with key stakeholders.
- Producing written reports and / or presentations as required.
- Achieving defined business plan objectives and compiling and presenting information which demonstrates compliance with these objectives.
- Attending and contributing to all relevant meetings as appropriate to the role.
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Director of Regulation to support the implementation of the Commission’s business plan.
The research Executive must have a track record of delivering in the following key areas of responsibility:
- Providing excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Ensuring that tasks are adequately planned and organised.
- Promoting a culture of teamwork through building effective relationships.
- Ensuring that results are achieved through collaborative working.
- Ensuring that deadlines are met through the effective use of time management.
- Promoting a culture that values openness, honesty and integrity.
- Effective communication and ability to manage and influence external stakeholders and service users
In addition to the person specification, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent in public administration, social policy, mental health, health and social care or a legal discipline or professional qualification in specified health or social care professional discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to source, analyze and evaluate information for applicability and relevance.
- Excellent report writing, quality assurance and editing skills including the ability to present information in a confident, logical, and convincing manner.
- Experience in the development of standards for mental health, and / or health and social care services.
- Possess a knowledge of relevant standards and quality improvement and patient safety methodologies.
- An awareness of the legislative framework the Mental Health Commission works within.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the relevant link. Please apply with a cover letter and CV in one word document.
It is anticipated that there will be a high volume of applications to this role, so only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.