Learning and Development Manager required in St. Vincent's Private Hospital, Dublin 4.
This newly created permanent role sits within the long standing HR Team.
It is a 35 hour fully onsite Monday-Friday working week.
Salary €53,945-€70,126 DOE.
Excellent benefits available.
Closing date for applications Thursday 9th February @ noon.
Interviews to commence week beginning February 20th
This is an exciting opportunity to join St Vincents Private Hospital in a senior management role. You will report to the Director of Human Resources.
You will be responsible for creating a learning environment where employees can continuously develop to be their best and maximise their potential in order to meet the needs of patients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop a Learning and Development Strategy that incorporates contemporary practice in developing management and staff in a healthcare setting ensuring staff are skilled to provide excellent care to our patients.
- Devise an annual Learning, Development, Training and Education needs Analysis & Plan. This will include the design, development and delivery of all learning and development programmes to increase employee effectiveness and engagement in current roles, and in ensuring they are promotion ready for their next career opportunity.
- Partner with the Leadership Team across the hospital in defining L&D needs, programme design, development and delivery of specific programmes to increase employee success, maximise people potential and engagement in their respective disciplines.
- Ensure the hospital meets its learning and development requirements with regard to JCI accreditation, IBEC KeepWell Mark, performance standards etc. and promote the professional development of staff as an integral to managing staff retention.
- Work in partnership with the Leadership Team and Senior Managers in balancing the challenges of providing high quality, safe services, with excellent outcomes and in a way that delivers efficiencies and meets the expectations of patients and the public.
- Ensure a culture of leadership, development, innovation and living the Hospital values is embedded and promoted in the Hospital and act as a professional role model managers and staff at all times
- A 3rd level / professional qualification in L & D or related relevant discipline at level 7 or higher on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an L & D / OD role to include the successful delivery of L & D strategies and plans.
- Experience of delivery of remote access L & D initiatives.
- Experience of management of L & D budgets and reporting on expenditure
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge of eLearning/Educational Technologies.
- Good working knowledge of technical platforms such as MS Office, online portfolios, web conferencing tools, multimedia applications and eLearning authoring tools.
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and presentation, including the ability to explain technical issues clearly to people at all levels of technical and academic knowledge.
- Previous relevant experience and knowledge of the healthcare sector, particularly private healthcare, is desirable NOT essential.
Please submit your applications today to Anne Marie in Lex Consultancy