Our client, a leading International Law firm based in Dublin 1, are currently seeking an IT Service Desk & Systems support agent to join their dynamic team in providing End-user IT support. The salary on offer is depending on level of experience (50k-52k)
This is a support position that requires strong communication and customer service skills, as well as excellent technical knowledge. The successful applicant will participate in supporting the Law Firm's staff and their associated computers and softwares; Microsfot Windows, Microsfot Office etc.
- End-user IT support: Provides support for users with computer problems, Responding in a timely manner to IT service desk phone and email requests.
- Software installation and maintenance: Uses and configures available tools to manage the deployment of applications and patches. Installs and configures Microsoft Office and other applications.
- Telephony and videoconference support: Assists users with the establishment of audio and videoconference calls.
- Deploys smartphones and other mobile devices and supports their users. Liaises with telephone service providers.
- Hardware installation and maintenance: Assists with the installation of computer hardware. Assists with hardware repairs, maintenance and upgrades.
- Assists with systems administration tasks: Assists the wider IT team with the deployment and management of applications, systems, and server and network hardware and software.
- Technology projects: Assists the wider IT team with the development, testing and transition of new or upgraded applications and services.
- Carries out any other duties commensurate with the purpose of the job.
Personal Qualities and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff at all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing.
- Reliability and attention to detail.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to be proactive in the resolution of incidents and service requests.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline and at least one year of experience in a similar systems support role. Applicants with 5 years' experience of working on a busy IT Service Desk in the legal industry, are also invited to apply.
- Excellent knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems (desktop and server), Microsoft Active Directory, and fundamental networking and communications technologies.
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, Azure Cloud, Group Policy, and SCCM.
- Knowledge of law-firm and corporate services technologies are an advantage, such as ViewPoint, Aderant Expert and iManage.
- Work weekend shifts on a scheduled basis (not more than 12 weekends per year).
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours/days when requested.
- Travel to regional offices as required.
If you are interested in the above position and feel you have the required skills and abilities, please send your CV to [email protected]