This role reports to the Head of ICT of this regulatory body located in Dublin 2 on all matters pertaining to the work of the section. This appointment will be made at the 1st point of the SEO scale unless you are serving public servant (currently €49,845; but this increases in October). This is non negotiable. Annual leave is 29 days per annum plus public holidays.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide overall technical oversight of all facets of the organisation’s ICT infrastructure.
- Overall responsibility for project delivery and development of on-going ICT strategy and innovation in consultation with the sections.
- Will ensure adherence to OLAs, SLAs and day to day management of external vendors and ICT staff, in meeting organisational requirements.
- Will be required to advise other sections and senior management on ICT strategy and service development as required.
- Will ensure on-going security of the organisation's network and data.
- Will manage the rollout of new hardware, software, and services as required.
- Will manage the day-to-day activities of a team of two executive officers whose roles cover application and desk side support.
- Communicate ICT strategy and goals effectively across the organisation.
- Will liaise with management, vendors and associated stakeholders in developing solutions and manage communication with the user base, practitioners and other associates as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
Experience with the following:
- Windows Servers 2019/2016, Windows desktop operating systems, Windows 10.
- Hyper V & VMware.
- MS Exchange 2016, Office 365, and SMTP Gateways.
- Supporting applications like financial, collaboration and document management systems.
- Firewall, Mail filters and other security appliances.
- Network security principles.
- Patch Management & Release Upgrade Strategies.
- Technical Troubleshooting Skills.
- Backup and Restore technologies.
Strong Knowledge of:
- Remote Access and Virtual Desktop Technologies and protocols.
- Public procurement policies and procedures.
- Data Protection legalisation.
- Building Management Systems and Facilities Control.
- Ability to read and digest technical information.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems.
- Strong attention to detail & project management principles.
- Strong customer focus, including the ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Substantial and relevant experience in an ICT role within a professional body, a health service provider or similar organisation is essential. A third level qualification in ICT or another related field is also essential.
The following accreditation will be necessary for the role:
- MCSE accreditation or equivalent.
- ITIL or Prince 2 certification or equivalent.
- Cisco accreditation or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft server-side applications, SharePoint, SQL.
- Microsoft Exchange accreditation and experience in managing Exchange.
- Virtualisation experience, VMware VCP or MS equivalent accreditation is desirable but not essential.
In order to be considered, please forward a CV & Cover Letter to Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy.
Deadline for applications is 21st of September, 2021. Interviews are expected to proceed the week of the 27th of September, 2021.