My client, a top law firm based in Dublin City Centre are looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer to join their Core Infrastructure team within a growing IT Department.
The Core Infrastructure team is responsible for support, maintenance and monitoring of all core IT systems including compute, storage and networking for both physical and virtual technologies. There is also a growing workload relating to the management of IaaS and SaaS services as the business develops its Cloud migration strategy.
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to work as part of a highly dynamic team responsible for a mission critical hybrid IT infrastructure. This role will have a mix of operational and project duties.
Technology investment and digitisation are priorities for the business and so in this role you will be working with the very latest technologies in the areas of virtualisation, SAN, networking, information security, remote access, Cloud and more.
An important aspect of the role will be managing relationships with critical IT suppliers and ensuring delivery of service level agreements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, maintain and support core systems in the IT infrastructure - VMware, Cisco, RDS, VPN, Dell EMC SAN, CommVault, Veeam, HPE, Check Point and Microsoft
- Responsible for 3rd party suppliers and SLA management
- Escalation and liaising with relevant 3rd party providers on issue resolution and service delivery
- Daily management of backup technologies and restores
- Responsibility for ensuring DR plans are up to date, regularly tested and documented to ISO standards
- Deploying new systems and services in a secure and functional way for the business requirement
- Maintaining a core IT infrastructure inventory
- Regular patching and updating of core technology systems
- Handling escalations from Service Desk Analysts and other IT teams via the ticketing system
- Liaising with the Service Desk Manager to keep business informed of business service affecting issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation and procedures relating to core systems
- Degree or other related technical professional qualification
- Extensive experience in a highly regulated IT environment supporting mission critical core IT services.
- Proven vendor management skills
- Experience of adhering to and achieving/exceeding SLA’s
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with changing priorities/deadlines
Technology skills including:
- Microsoft Server 2012-2019 and Windows 10
- Cisco routing, wireless, ISE, ASA, AnyConnect, Duo
- Check Point
- Print and scanning systems (SafeCom, PaperCut, NSI)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, Wifi
- Exchange 2016
- ManageEngine product suites
- Windows File Systems
- Clustering technologies and management
- SharePoint Server administration
- RDS and client VPN remote access solutions
- Azure IaaS management
- Trend for Exchange
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV to Ellen via the enclosed link.