This government research organisation require a Finance Manager (Maternity Leave Contract) to head up the Finance department. The Finance Manager will report to the Head of Finance and Grants.
This is an important role which requires stewardship of the Financial Process including Annual budgeting process, monthly and statutory reporting and responsibility for the payments and procurement processes.
- Leading on all matters in relation to financial control, including, Preparation of the Monthly Management accounts, Directorate and Departmental accounts and reporting on variances against budget to the Line Managers/Executive/Board.
- Managing the Annual Budget estimates process for pay and non-pay and preparing the documentation for presenting to Executive and Audit Committees for review and approval.
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements for the Foundation and preparing the audit documentation for the statutory audit to be carried out by the C&AG; acting as the main point of contact.
- Preparing the internal audit documentation and acting as the main point of contact during the various internal audits.
- Making regular supplier, expenses and capital grant payments in compliance within the Prompt Payments Act.
- Reviewing supplier and staff set up.
- Completing the monthly drawdown for the Department of Higher and Further Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
- Preparing quarterly documentation for Freedom of Information and Model Publications Scheme.
- Processing the monthly payroll charge in the General ledger.
- Processing Third Party deductions including Revenue payments and preparing VAT and PSWT payments and returns.
- Preparing a number of ad-hoc information requests and reports as requested by the Department of Higher and Further Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
- Overseeing the maintenance of iprocurement and iexpenses Exchequer Financial Systems modules and any other enhancements to the financial system as required.
- Support the procurement needs in accordance with the normal course of business and any major procurement during the year.
- Manage the ‘Accounts Payable and Procurement Liaison Officer’ and ‘Finance Intern’.
- Managing the ‘Office Service Coordinator’ and all duties carried out by them relating to the operations and facility management of the building.
Key Qualifications & Expertise:
- A recognized Professional accountancy qualification with a minimum of three years post qualification experience is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and an ability to lead staff and management across all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent ability to acquire and evaluate information i.e. data analysis, interpretation and report writing.
- Numerate and accurate with attention to detail and an ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills and conceptual thinking capability.
- A high level of financial modelling.
Hours Mon-Thu 9:00-5:30. Fri 9:00-5:00
Salary €69,012 plus 30 days annual leave (pro rata). Role to commence early to mid-April
Please email your CV via the web link.