Our client, a regulatory body located in a modern office in Dublin 1 is seeking to recruit an experienced Economics Manager, eager to contribute to the work within a team of 5 people in the Strategy & Economics Unit for a two year contract.
The salary is €75,998.96. The closing date for this role is 5pm Tuesday 24th May.
The work will be conducted in a blended way with a mix of in office and work from home.
Reporting to a Senior Manager in the Strategy and Economics Unit, you will be an exceptional economist, with superb problem-solving skills and an inquisitive mind, who wants to be involved in all areas of the Strategy & Economics Unit’s work. You will work across the following areas:
- Economic Analysis: Assess potential policy options for regulatory intervention to ensure that competition within markets functions effectively and recommending appropriate courses of action to achieve this.
- Market Insights:
- Research management,
- Management of economic input to wider organisational projects
- Administrative duties relating to the work of the Strategy & Economics Unit, including the preparation of Terms of Reference, evaluation of proposals from external economic consultancies, and acting as a point of contact for various external research services.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A post-graduate master’s degree involving a significant component in regulatory or competition economics or related human sciences subject, e.g., business, finance, or other suitable qualification.
- Relevant post-graduate work experience, including experience in a multidisciplinary environment, using economics-based competition law/industrial organisation principles.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in applying economic analysis principles and techniques
- Excellent drafting and communication skills, with the ability to draft documentation in a rational, evidence-based, clear and concise manner.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities, including the ability to make reasoned judgements based on available information.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a solid practical background in the application of information and data analysis within a regulatory and/or business environment.
Please forward your CV & Cover letter to Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy.
Full JD available upon request.