This niche and prestigious regulatory body are currently recruiting for a Business Support & Finance Manager to join their team
The Business Support and Finance Manager will be responsible for the optimal management of this public sector body’s resources (financial, people costs, physical assets) and will be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operations of the finance and support services function.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services and advising the Executive Leadership Team, the Manager will ensure that operational performance, financial management, organisational enablers and performance monitoring and reporting are optimised, that results are delivered on time and that processes are fit for purpose. Managing a team of four staff, the Manager will also oversee key business support functions and contract management of various outsourced service providers (including procurement support and facilities management).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the reporting, analysis and presentation of key financial performance data for the organisation
- Manage the ongoing development and effectiveness of the budget planning process, including the identification of efficiency savings
- Promote a culture of effective management of budgetary resources with a focus on creating value
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Oversee the preparation of the annual financial statements in line with accounting standards
- Liaise with auditors and produce required documents and reports
- Ensure adherence to, and compliance with, accounting standards and relevant regulations
- Maintain a strong internal financial control environment
- Oversee and provide guidance to all organisational procurement activities and manage the outsourced procurement advisers and the engagement with the Office of Government Procurement
- Review and manage the insurance portfolio
- Manage the organisation’s physical assets to ensure maximum value, including the management of the outsourced facilities management service provider to ensure the effective day-to-day management of the facilities and maintenance services
- Ensure the facilities are maintained to a high standard and in full compliance with health and safety obligations
- Manage the organisation’s performance through the identification and adoption of key performance metrics to measure operational performance
- Oversee the effective and efficient functioning of all support services
- Promote and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, transformation and innovation within the finance and support services function and wider organisation.
- Manage and develop the finance and support services team including performance reviews and development plans for the members of the team.
- Identify risk and assist the organisation in our purpose of mitigating regulatory risk.
- Promote and contribute to continuous improvement and professional development within the organisation.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the delivery of the organisational strategic objectives.
- Proactively engage in performance development reviews and actively engage in opportunities for learning and development.
- Other duties assigned by the Head of Corporate Services and/or the Registrar
Candidates must have:
- A level 8 degree or equivalent qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications in an area relevant to the role
- At least five years’ experience in roles involving a substantial degree of experience in some or all elements involved in this role, such as budgeting, financial control, organisational performance management, public procurement.
- At least three years’ experience managing a finance function, corporate services function, or business advisory services function.
- Substantial experience of people management
- Experience in change management, process optimisation, operations intelligence, and forecasting
- In addition, the following are considered desirable:
- Level 9 degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance or similar area.
- A professional qualification from a recognised accountancy body, eg ACA/FCA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
- Knowledge of public sector accounting guidelines and policies
- Understanding of the operation of public procurement procedures and value-for-money principles
- Experience with contract and vendor management
- Experience of digital transformation in finance and business processes
Normal 37 hour working week with flexitime. Remote based role for now with hybrid work model planned in the coming months
Salary €69,676. This is a 6-month fixed term contract with a view to possible extension.
To apply for this role please email in your CV via the web link