Database administrator required by leading professional services company located in Dublin's Docklands. The successful applicant will provide support and have responsibility for the maintenance, security and testing of the companies various SQL databases.
The salary on offer is approximately €45k- €48k and the team are ideally seeking to meet with applicants with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
The role will be hybrid to start i.e. some days in the office and some remote.
You will be welcomed to this established team - really great crew!
The role has exposure to all aspects of database administration – e.g. installation/upgrade/patching, backup and recovery, performance and tuning, security, data loads and database copies. It also includes the running of data fix scripts, daily checks (e.g. database backups), automating tasks, maintaining data feeds and investigating any problems that may occur.
The ideal candidate will:
· Perform regular database maintenance activities by following internal processes (data loads, data fixes, schema updates, database copies, software installs/upgrades/patches etc)
· Plan own time so that delivery targets are met
· Maintain documentation
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage the creation, monitoring and maintenance of live and development databases
· Assist with the set-up and management of database resilience and backup strategies
· Manage the automation of regular database support activities
· Perform regular processes (e.g. weekly data refreshes, run data fix scripts) in an accurate and timely manner
· Assist with the planning for database projects from the initial phase onwards
· Building reports for data analytics
· Proven, in depth knowledge of SQL server and associated programs
· Experience in a similar role
· Proven, demonstrable interest in technology (servers, storage systems, networks, databases etc)
· Good verbal / written communication skills
· Experience in Data analytics and reporting
· Used to working in a busy IT team work
Interviews will take place after the August bank holiday weekend.
Please register your interest by forwarding your CV to Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy.