My client are a well known established and respected organisation in Dublin 2 who are seeking to hire an experienced IT Service Desk Supervisor on a permanent contract to support a very busy IT Support environment.
The salary scale for this position is €65,367- €84,560, the successful candidate can be appointed at a the point closest to their current salary/salary expectation.
This is a position that requires full time on site attendance, some remote working can be granted from time to time.
The role will engage with service users and stakeholders who wish to escalate issues. The post holder will have to constantly adapt within the busy operational environment to develop new solutions using their skills in analytical, creative and innovative thinking.
While the role will have clear direction and annual operating objectives in workplans to be achieved, the post holder will determine the ‘how’ and ‘when’. The post-holder will ensure that the IT Service Desk is constantly developing and improving based on user feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising a IT Service Desk Analyst team of 15 staff.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management and delivery of prompt in-depth, customer-focused technical support to staff, students and any visitors.
- Ensure the daily operations for Service Desk are running efficiently, including the rostering of staff and all incident logging is accurate and professional, in order that incidents are dealt with according to customer and priority needs, in line with service targets.
- Responsible for the management of all incidents that are escalated within the Service Desk, for rectifying the problems and handling complex technical or policy issues in a bid to provide more effective solutions.
- Understand the core technical concepts related to the IT Service Desk technical support remit and provide technical hardware and software fault diagnosis troubleshooting advice and guidance to IT Service Desk Analysts as required.
- Undertake technical liaison with IT service owners and other external service partners to resolve operational incidents or problems.
- Take accountability for issues that occur and be proactive in searching for potential problems, investigate patterns and trends, consult specialists where required, and determine the appropriate remedy and develop an implementation plan of preventative measures.
- Maintain a service focus and demonstrate knowledge of how to adopt and advocate for the capability elements of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) processes and culture to continually enhance customer service.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and ensure adherence of the iT Service Desk team to all service management principles.
- Provide training for IT Service Desk Analyst on use of the IT Service Desk system, customer service and technical troubleshooting.
- Monitor Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and all other service metrics and undertake stakeholder engagement and service trend analysis with a key responsibility of identifying continual service improvement activities.
- Leading the change management activities within a structured process framework.
- Evaluating Requests for Change (RFCs) in IT Services, the available resources, impact of change, and organisational readiness.
- Evaluating resistance in adopting the change at the user, process, and technology level.
- Coordinating the Change Advisory Board for the review of change requests, including higher risk changes and managing Emergency Change Requests (ECMs).
- Degree or postgraduate qualification - essential
- ITIL or equivalent IT Service Management qualification - desirable
- Microsoft Accreditation e.g. MCSA, MCSE or equivalent qualification - desirable
- Significant In-depth technical knowledge & problem-solving capability applied within an IT support environment.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of desktop technologies associated with learning, teaching and research.
- Evidence of service monitoring experience based on SLA’s and service metrics.
- Proven ability to guide others with technical tasks and to support their professional development.
- Evidence of writing detailed and comprehensive technical specifications and procedures documentation.
- Good knowledge of IT security fundamentals & the GDPR.
- Practical working knowledge of service management framework and principles and how these are implemented.
- Prior work experience in a relevant role relevant to an IT Customer Service and Support environment - essential
- Substantial experience providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT incident and resolution activity in support of IT Customer Services and support and use of an ITSM tool for maintaining accurate work records – essential
- Awareness of, or experience of, service management related methodologies (e.g. ITIL) - essential
- Experience of managing change in a large IT department for a complex organisation - desirable
- Experience of leading in a team, aware of the importance of sharing experience, knowledge and information with others and evidence of ability to build beneficial working relationships
- Demonstrate experience of excellent problem-solving including an ability to diagnose complex hardware and software faults and successful delivery of solutions to complex problems in a measured and creative way, demonstrating the ownership of issues and opportunities.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports, and complex technical specifications and systems documentation, and help others understand the content taking into account their level of knowledge.
- Demonstratable ability to plan, prioritise and organise work for a team to achieve agreed objectives.
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV to Ellen via the enclosed link.