We are working with a leading Irish charity organization who are recruiting for a Financial Controller. This is a large, high-profile organization with a team of over 300 people. In this role, you will have six direct reports within the finance team and take responsibility for the day to day activities of this team. You will report into the CFO and work closely with them in the financial management of the charity.
As this role sits within the NGO sector, it is advantageous for candidates to have had experience in the financial management of an NGO or charity organization or within the public sector. You will need to have excellent stakeholder management and be experienced presenting to C-Suite and to external stakeholders. As part of a finance team, you will also be able to engage with and assist in the development of more junior members.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Partner with the CFO to develop and present monthly management accounts, annual budgets and longer-term financial planning.
- Day to day management and development of other members of the finance team.
- Ongoing maintenance and development of internal controls, processes and governance matters.
- Oversee payroll and pension administration. Ensure AP and AR processes are carried out efficiently and accurately.
- Managing monthly cash-flow reporting, year end audit, preparation of donor reports and quarterly cash flow forecasting.
- Assist CFO in internal audit processes.
- Engage with and support improvements in systems and processes – including playing a key role in the migration to new cloud based system.
- Assist in setting up best practice procurement processes.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- To be ACCA/ACA qualified, candidates with a high volume of experience and qualification as a Management Accountant may also be considered.
- Minimum of three years post-qualification experience.
- Experience in people management and development of a team.
If you match theses requirements and would like to be considered for this role please submit your CV to Sarah in Lex Consultancy today.