The Financial Controller will be responsible for all the day to day activities of the finance department which will include planning, developing and implementing the strategic and operational plans for the function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the Finance Department with responsibility for all financial reporting activities including all statutory, regulatory, group or other financial reporting activities.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of all financial planning activity which includes budgeting, re-forecasting and any other financial projections.
- Preparation of relevant financial presentation for the Board of Directors.
- Oversight and management of all treasury activities ensuring appropriate levels of control and management of these activities.
- Preparation for and management of all financial audit activity of both internal and external nature, including group, statutory or regulatory audits.
- Relationship management for all relevant service providers including internal, group or external providers e.g. Auditors, Tax advisors, etc.
- Management and development of a team of finance professionals.
- Review and assessment of all financial processes and systems and management of any change implementation or improvement measures as necessary.
- Participation, acting as financial lead, in all new business or other company projects.
- Planning, oversight and management of any specific finance department projects or initiatives.
- Oversight of all fiscal and tax reporting activities for the companies and coordinating with outside service provider to ensure all local and group compliance requirements are met.
- Participation, acting as financial lead, in the Solvency II planning and implementation project to included monitoring and reporting on ongoing adherence to existing solvency and other financial regulatory requirements for Irish Regulated entities.
- Knowledge of Solvency II would be an advantage
- Strong decision making, management and team leading skills
- Ability to plan for and implement short, medium and long terms goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work across departmental and organisational lines
- Ability to lead and influence own team and colleagues within the wider company and group
- Ability to operate within strict reporting deadlines
- Strong interpretation, dissemination and communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills and ability to prioritise and multitask several initiatives at the same time
- Clear vision with respect to an appropriate financial control environment and ability to plan and implement the necessary action to achieve this, (including potential process, documentation or other redesign)
- Ability to conceptualise and lead, in an innovative manner, all new initiatives aimed at enhancing the organisation and financial information, both historic and prospective, produced and distributed by the finance function
Qualified accountant with at least 5 years relevant experience, preferably gained from the financial services environment.
Please apply today for a confidential discussion on job opportunities