Our client is seeking to appoint a Facilities executive on a 6 month maternity leave contract. The role will be fully on site in Dublin 2 and may need to work across locations. It is a Monday-Friday 37 hour week . The salary on offer is €31,384 and 23 days holidays pro rata.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support to Head of Section in delivery of operational and strategic objectives with specific focus on centralised visitor management, streamlined services and facilities/ building management (including Covid19).
- Execute centralised visitor, desk booking and meeting facilitation with quality customer service, embedding a service-user focus to enhance standards and approaches for internal and external customers.
- Deliver Front of House remit providing efficient streamlined services across all areas of the organisation (incl. mail handling, call handling, deliveries, meeting facilitation) with relevant policies and procedures developed, monitored and applied accordingly.
- Support the Health and Safety remit, supporting application of Covid19, Security and Fire Safety protocols for Front of House, and reporting to ensure compliance with H&S legislation. The successful candidate will actively participate as a member of the H&S Team, supporting effective evacuation, First Aid procedures and risk management.
- Coordinate, execute and support Head of Section on actions for implementation of key projects and business plan objectives.
- Coordinate Front of House communication with key suppliers to schedule goods/ services, ensuring adherence to purchase ordering and invoice requirements.
- Arrange, schedule and support internal and external meetings, taking minutes and assisting the Head of Section in drafting of reports, as required.
- Develop and manage information and data relevant to Sectional objectives and procedures, maintaining information/ database systems, analysing data, producing reports and statistics for budgetary controls and making recommendations for business process improvement.
- Any with other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to flex communication style for different audiences and build positive relationships in delivering objectives.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Energised, efficient and high performing first point of contact on multiple platforms.
- Highly organised approach and strong attention to detail in executing tasks, managing information and use of ICT software.
- Administrative excellence is required.
- A self-starter, able to work independently and off own initiative, handle multiple conflicting priorities within tight timeframes and contribute to high quality services, whilst also able to work within a team.
- Ability to flex and adapt to changing demands, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- At least 3 years satisfactory experience in administrative role.
- At least 3 years satisfactory experience in a front facing role.
- First hand experience in applying Covid-19 infection controls and protocols desirable.
- Experienced H&S / Occupational First Aider is desirable.
- Front facing stakeholder engagement is essential.
- Facilities/ building management experience is essential.
- Knowledge of finance systems (e.g. SAP) desirable.
- Third level qualification is desirable.
- Access to own transport will be an advantage.
If you meet the requirements please don't delay in submitting your CV today