Reporting to the Head of Procurement as Procurement Manager you will lead a team and be responsible for project and relationship management of a portfolio of spend on goods and services to achieve and exceed agreed procurement objectives.
This is a 2 year FTC with a semi-state body. Interviews will take place end of January.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package on offer.
You will provide service to the organisation managing total cost of ownership, collaborating with the team, stakeholders and supply base to find the best the solutions available while meeting procurement requirements and adding value result based outcomes.
- Partner with internal teams and collaborate with senior management, to define and drive project scope, schedule and budget with responsibility for savings delivery within the defined portfolio spend.
- Implement best public procurement practices to drive value and reduce risk for the organisation while sourcing, contracting and developing relationships with quality suppliers and identifying supply optimisation opportunities.
- Shape and execute the Procurement policies & procedures.
- Ensure that tenders and sourcing processes undertaken are fully compliant with the Procurement Policy / Procedures, EU Directives, State Body Guidelines, applicable procurement law and the business' and sustainability objectives.
- Build on existing talent within your buying team, managing performance development through leadership, coaching and mentoring, improving effectiveness and efficiency to deliver and exceed the targets set for procurement.
- Implement both long and short term buying strategies for the assigned portfolio through strategic and tactical buying projects, optimizing route-to-market, cost reduction, supplier selection and develop key supplier relationships.
- Manage contract negotiations with new and existing suppliers, ensuring contract terms and inclusion of KPI’s/ SLA’S achieve maximum benefit to the Company and govern long term relationships.
- As the organisation works towards managing sustainability as part of the day to day business of the Company, you will investigate opportunities to reduce our carbon footprint wherever possible and ensure sustainable procurement is considered to its maximum potential.
- In line with the transformational developments within the Business strategy, you will be a champion of change engaging your team.
Knowledge & Experience
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ Procurement Manager level experience and will have amassed hands-on experience at negotiations in a range of categories, i.e. Property Management/ Facilities Management, Marketing, IT Services, Fleet management, Capital Expenditure Projects, Security Services, logistics, Strategic / Capex projects, Professional Services.
- You should have a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Applicants with recent and relevant experience in public procurement including Irish and EU law (Utilities) are preferred.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong technical and commercial procurement experience within large and diverse organisations, have excellent communication skills and be self-motivated with demonstrable problem-solving and decision making skills.
- You have ability to work collaboratively, with the capability to manage with influence as well as authority and build strong relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Substantial financial understanding and credibility in the analysis and reporting of results/forecasts and compliance to policies is required.
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV to Ellen Blehein via the enclosed link