Lex Consultancy’s 8 Healthier Habits For Work Days
Healthier Workers Are More Productive!
1. Start the day with a healthy breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Kickstart the day & your metabolism with nutritious grains, carbohydrates, proteins and fibre to set you up for a busy work day.
2. Take the stairs: Workout for free by taking the stair rather than the elevator. The average person burns 0.17 calories per stair climbed & 0.05 calories per stair descended, if you do the math, taking the stairs every day can be a mini cardio exercise.
3. Walk the walk: There is a lot to be said for taking a brisk 30-minute walk. Incorporating a stroll into your daily lunch break is a fantastic way to reduce stress levels, burn calories & gives you a moment to gather your thoughts.
4. Workout with work colleagues: Sign yourself & your colleagues up for an early morning gym class or research some lunchtime activities taking place close by.
5. Become friendly with the microwave: We’re not talking processed microwave dinners! Try making porridge topped with delicious cinnamon & nuts, scrambled/poached eggs or baked potatoes. Enjoy healthy hot food with no prep work necessary!
6. Embrace the slow cooker: If you don’t own one already, now’s the time. Slow cookers are a dream come true for those living a busy lifestyle. Go home in the evenings to healthy & delicious home cooked meals after a day of running around.
7. Drink water: Drinking water has many benefits including, brightening your skin, speeding up your metabolism & making you a more productive. Always have a vessel on your desk & remember to refill it during the day.
8. Snack: Have a supply of healthy snacks, such as nuts, seeds, fruit or protein bars in the office. Get your co-workers involved & you can enjoy healthy snacks as part of morning/afternoon coffee breaks.
Lex Consultancy is a boutique Irish owned agency, offering a full recruitment, advice and support service since 2007. The agency is driven by founders Jo McAndrew and Michelle Nolan who combine their unparalleled experience to manage a team of dedicated and highly professional recruitment consultants. The ability to match people to jobs is an art that a computer cannot manage. That is why we rely on the people skills and experience of our consultants.