7 Tips for Accepting A Job Offer
So you’ve just received a job offer, here are some tips to assist you with your decision making process.
1. Timing: Ask the Lex Consultancy Recruitment Consultant how much time you have to consider the job offer. Take your time and make an informed decision.
2. Consider the salary & benefits offered: Do they meet your expectations? Consider what is important to you. Do onsite amenities, health care and/or flexible working hours suffice for a lower salary? Ask about any other perks which may be on offer. Don’t sell yourself short!
3. Location: Consider the location of your new office. How long will your commute take and how much will it cost? What will the traffic be like? Would you have to consider moving to a different location? Rent prices in Dublin City can be significantly pricey and may need to be taking into account.
4. Read: Ask for the offer in writing. Read your contract & have a strong understanding of the job description and company culture & values. Can you actually imagine yourself working in the role? Ensure you are satisfied with the contract and if there are any discrepancies between what you discussed and what you read, ask for confirmation before signing it.
5. Take stock of your career goals: What are your long-term career goals? Does the job offer tie in with where you want to be in 5 years’ time? Be careful not to get caught up in the excitement of the offer, only to be disappointed by your career move down the line.
6. Go with your instinct: Do you have a strong gut feeling about the offer. Can you see yourself being settled and happy within the position and with the company?
Lex Consultancy is a boutique Irish owned agency, offering a full recruitment, advice and support service since 2007. The agency is driven by founders Jo McAndrew and Michelle Nolan who combine their unparalleled experience to manage a team of dedicated and highly professional recruitment consultants. The ability to match people to jobs is an art that a computer cannot manage. That is why we rely on the people skills and experience of our consultants.