Reporting and working closely with the Chief Executive, the Strategy and Organisation Change Manager will be a key member in driving strategic change within this regulatory body. You will have the responsibility of managing a team of two people and will also advise the Executive Leadership Team on communications strategy for the organisation.
This is a 9 month contract opportunity with the possibility to extend. The salary on offer with this post is €68,310
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on maintaining a sound corporate risk strategy for the organisation, including managing the corporate risk register and coordinating quarterly risk reporting.
- Ensure that the Audit and Risk Committee and other statutory committees are operating effectively, including facilitating the smooth operation of the organisation’s formal decision-making and reporting processes.
- Lead, plan and execute the annual schedule of compliance with the 2016 Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies, including liaising with the Department of Health.
- Coordinate and liaise with the appointed external management consultants to ensure that the organisation development project proceeds according to plan and that all necessary internal resources and people are aligned to support achievement of the project objectives and timeframes.
- Contract manage the outsourced roles of Data Protection Officer and Freedom of Information Officer, including ensuring that the organisation is fully compliant with its responsibilities under data protection and freedom of information legislation.
- Manage Protected Disclosures from members of staff and maintain oversight on how Protected Disclosures are dealt with.
- Coordinate the process to generate the Annual Service Plan and 3-year Corporate Strategy in conjunction with the Registrar and members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Advise the Registrar and the Executive Leadership Team on communications strategy.
- Coordinate the effective provision of information to external stakeholders.
- Manage third party vendor relationships with the providers of internal audit and external communications and public affairs services.
- Manage and develop the Corporate Governance and Public Affairs team including performance reviews and development plans for the members of the team.
Key Requirements candidates must have:
- A level 8 degree or equivalent qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications
- At least five years’ experience in roles involving a substantial degree of experience in some or all elements involved in this role, including strategic planning, corporate governance, risk management, change management and organisation development.
- At least three years’ programme management experience
- Substantial experience of people management
- Good understanding of audit and risk management
In addition, the following are considered desirable:
- Level 9 degree in a relevant management discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge of corporate governance within the public service
- Experience of organisation development projects, ideally involving business and digital transformation, and organisational redesign and change management.
- Previous experience working in a public body
- Experience in working to support a management team on communications strategy
- Demonstrable applied use of social media and online hosting platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube for organisational purposes.
For more information please contact: Sarah at Lex Consultancy