Ireland’s top Research Institute are now recruiting a Strategic Data Analyst on a permanent contract. The Strategic Data Analyst will report to the Head of Strategy
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing new learnings and performance improvement recommendations by analysing many datasets (funded researchers, outputs resulting from funded research, performance metrics) in combination with external data.
- Supporting foresighting and horizon scanning activities by identifying future national economic needs, emerging areas of science, the evolution of existing areas of science, the future demographics of the national research system and the resulting demand for organisation’s schemes.
- Including delivering scenario-based analysis of potential futures for the Irish economy and the national research system.
- Supporting a strategic progress and decision support dashboard for the organisation, illustrating current performance on KPIs, and simulating and modelling the effects of programme and portfolio mix decision making on those KPIs.
- Compiling the above analyses into written reports and effectively presenting, communicating, and disseminating these reports and analyses to staff, Board, and key external stakeholders.
- Significant successful data analytics experience;
- Experience with managing, analysing, and communicating insights derived from large and multiple datasets;
- A self-starter with the ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail and quality assurance;
- Significant experience with data analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Tableau Prep, Alteryx, PowerBI);
- Experience recording and communicating workings and methodology to ensure reproducibility;
- Ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner, tailored for various audiences and purposes;
- Familiarity with bibliometrics and the research funding process is not essential but would be highly beneficial;
- Familiarity with modelling for forecasting purposes is not essential but would be beneficial
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate holding an honours undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (for example, statistics, mathematics, computer science, data analytics, information systems) is essential.
- Proven track record ideally with at least 5 years’ industry experience
Full-time permanent role. Salary €43,907 per annum
To apply for this role please email your CV via the web link