*Permanent position within the public sector - Higher Executive Officer Grade*
My client in the public sector is looking to recruit a Software Developer for their offices based in Dublin 2. The Developer will assist in the design, development, operation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the business’ software systems.
This is a permanent position and will be offered at the first point of the Higher Executive Officer grade at €48,028.
Our client’s digital services infrastructure combines open-source software, vendor-supplied products, and locally-developed middleware and interfaces. They employ widely used technologies such as Apache Solr, Ruby on Rails, Zend Framework, MySQL, Oracle, and RESTful web APIs.
The main software development work will focus on enhancing our client’s existing digital repository to develop processing pipelines and end-user applications to ensure the orderly processing, management, preservation and online delivery of digital assets, both digitised and born-digital, and their associated metadata.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for the design, development, operation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of software systems
- Work with the Technical Lead to develop requirements, functional documentation and design solutions for software development projects.
- Further develop and integrate the online catalogue and public web-interfaces.
- Provide analysis and programming support for data mapping and conversion projects.
- Provide analysis and programming support for systems and workflow integration projects.
- Contribute to the maintenance, deployment and documentation of code produced
Interested applicants will have some of the following skills and experience;
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent with at least two years’ experience in software development
- Experience of producing high quality, tested code with one or more of the following languages: Ruby, PHP, Java, Python.
To be considered for this position, please send a copy of your CV highlighting your relevant experience.