Lex Consultancy is working on behalf of a prominent regulatory body in Dublin 1 to find a Senior Systems Administrator to join them on a 6 month contract basis.
The Senior Sys Admin will be a highly-motivated, qualified and experienced individual to actively engage in the development and support of IT infrastructure, information services and web applications in the business.
Operating in a complex and dynamic environment, the successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary organisation that encourages professionals to fully utilise and expand their technical and managerial skills. If you want to be a part of a progressive, dynamic and agile organisation, this role might be the right for you!
Reporting to the Head of IT, the primary role of the Senior IT Systems Administrator is to ensure the integrity and maintenance of the existing operational IT infrastructure and application systems. They are also responsible for the process of on-boarding new infrastructure and applications projects.
- Analyse, prepare and maintain detailed technical documentation for site specific infrastructure.
- Work with external service providers to identify and deliver best practice business solutions
- Liaising with Service Providers on issue identification and SLA management in the supported network operational environment.
- Responsible for controlling access to the network to only approved partners
- Project manage the delivery of identified strategic projects and programmes of technical change using project management methodologies, tools and processes
- Ensure all project and technical documentation relating to projects is maintained
- Provide support to internal stakeholders for application related deployments
- Relevant Technical third level qualification
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience including, management of virtualised networking environments
- Strong technical background, including industry standard qualifications
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and IT service skills
- Systems integration & development experience
- Strong investigative and project management experience
- Project Management Certification e.g. Agile, PMP, Prince2
- Relevant knowledge of ITIL framework and qualification
- Experience working with or understanding of large data handling environments including management information systems and database architecture such as Microsoft SQL Server & SharePoint
If you are interested in this contract position and have the necessary experience for the role, then please apply with your CV highlighting your relevant experience.