At Lex Consultancy we are currently recruiting on behalf of a global online services organisation with offices in South Dublin. Due to continued growth and expansion they currently have a vacancy available for an experienced Project Accountant to take up a permanent pivotal position within their finance team.
The purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for the execution of key finance and business projects. The successful candidate will need to be commercially minded while demonstrating high levels of understanding of system processes and of finance operations and data flows.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan, execute and project manage key finance and business projects to focus on continually improving our systems and processes
- Understand data, reporting and cash flows throughout the business and provide support to finance and departmental peers to enhance the customer experience and to provide insights and improvements in reporting
- Champion payment processing for the Group, being the point of contact for payment processors, developing and reporting on KPI’s, optimise current offering, suggest and implement alternative payment methods or offerings
- Identify & drive efficiencies in financial reporting & analysis ecosystem to reduce manual labour
- Working with 3rd party providers to overcome implementation issues or problems that may arise in any finance system
- Educate and provide technical expertise to finance employees (and other departments as appropriate) on the roll-out and operation of new business processes
- Actively participate and take ownership of adhoc projects as they arise
Applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Qualified Accountant with 1- 2 years PQE (or equivalent background & experience considered)
- Proven track record in implementing successful process & system optimisations for Finance teams
- Demonstrated ability to execute & support complex financial projects involving the review, establishment, and ongoing management of reporting & reconciliation requirements
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to compile project planning & execution documentation and deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrated involvement in finance system & payment processing upgrades and/or implementations. Experience with SUN financial system would be useful
- Excellent knowledge of internal finance controls and workflow processes (e.g. R2R, AP, O2C)
- Proven ability to review processes from end-to-end and produce organisational documentation. Familiarity with process mapping tools useful (e.g. Visio)
- Advanced user of Excel, ability to build financial flow models & automated spreadsheets
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this position, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review in complete confidence via the enclosed link.
This is a permanent position that will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. Immediate interviews will be held!