Salary of €44,851
Hybrid/flexible working model
29 days annual leave
Our Client a Public Sector Body is looking to appoint an individual who will be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of all policies governing the quality and integrity of STEM research supported by grants to the organisation.
Our client has specific responsibilities to observe and promote effective research policy. The individual appointed will support the Head of Research Policy in ensuring that key actions and ambitions articulated in their strategy are realised in a timely manner through robust policy development and implementation.
This position’s key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Delivery of guidance associated with Research Integrity matters including that for internal staff, procedures for external stakeholders on what do to when handling allegations of research misconduct, and guidance on Research Integrity Training.
- Development and implementation of guidance on Data Management Plans including that concerning their internal systems and reviewer processes.
- Review of guidance associated with their Data Provenance processes.
- Management of their Reporting Compliance policy, and its enhanced functionality in Grants and Awards Management System
- Review of the portfolio of Research Policies.
- Supporting the Head of Research Policy
- Supporting the Head of Research Policy in the review and update of Grant Budget Policy.
- Representing the organisation at various national and international fora where relevant
- Performing periodic data analytics and date visualisation duties concerning internal and external dashboards.
- Maintaining the internal and external website regarding Research Policy guidance and supporting documentation.
- Managing and co-ordinating responses to internal and external policy enquiries.
- Leading on internal and external communications regarding timelines and updates.
The individual appointed will:
- Hold a graduate degree with 3+ years’ relevant experience of funding, strategy, policy and / or research administration in a STEM related area.
- Have experience of working with the research policy community and / or with other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrate knowledge of research governance.
- Have experience of influencing or bringing change for the betterment of research governance.
- Have strong communication skills and evidence of leadership in preparing reports and analysis.
- Have an ability to identify opportunities to strengthen and leverage SFI’s reputation in research governance matters.
- Be results-oriented and possess excellent organisational/administrative skills.
- Be an influential communicator with excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Be persuasive, encouraging, and motivating with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior management, clients, and other departments.
- Have the capacity to work on own initiative with accuracy, good judgment, and discretion.
Candidates must apply before 5:30pm (Irish Local Time) on Thursday May 26th, 2022
Please forward your CV through the link if interested.