Great opportunity to join a really lovely team of specialist knowledge lawyers. Lawyers...this is your opportunity to step back from fee-earning! Option to work a four or five day week. Applicants MUST have excellent drafting skills and Word formatting skills.
This large commercial firm is seeking a Knowledge Lawyer to support a number of departments across the firm, particularly, commercial/IP, construction, employment, public and administration, and general litigation.
Working as part of the Knowledge team, the PSL will be responsible for a number of tasks, including assisting the firm’s fee earners with technical legal queries and building the firm’s knowledge resources, including precedents and know how.
We are seeking applications from qualified solicitors, barrister or lawyer (ideally with at least 4 years’ post qualification experience) with experience in private practice, preferably gained in a medium to large sized firm or working in a PSL/Know-How role already. Candidates with in house experience will also be considered, depending on the nature of their experience. You will have an academically strong CV, a high level of technical expertise, excellent communication skills and you will have experience of working in a well-regarded practice.
Salary on offer: €Negotiable, plus benefits.
- Assisting fee earners with technical legal queries;
- Developing know how and precedent documentation;
- Monitoring legal developments across practice areas, and preparing timely internal bulletins;
- Assisting with external e-zines;
- Collecting, reviewing and indexing pieces of ‘know how’ submitted from fee earners (including sample transaction documents, client advice and research - that have a ‘know how’ value), and maintaining within the internal knowledge management system;
- Developing handbooks and practice notes on particular areas of interest or setting out ‘firm views’;
- Devising, delivering and coordinating training sessions on topical issues for fee earners of all levels;
- Promoting a knowledge sharing culture across the firm, and collaborating with knowledge lawyers across other departments on centralised projects or areas of shared technical interest.
The firm is extremely committed to providing professional support for its lawyers and has recently introduced a new Career Development Framework to provide a proper structure for fee earners as they progress throughout their career. The firm boasts a high retention rate and has recently been cited as Irelands No. 1 law firm by various legal directories.
Please contact Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy for full details.