This global financial organisation in Dublin 2 are currently recruiting for a Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis (PBFA) Finance Manager to join their team.
The team and the opportunity
The finance team comprises of three pillars, PBFA and Reporting and Analytics, Markets Finance and Controlling. The finance team works closely with operations teams supporting client servers.
As well as being part of the UK and Ireland finance team it is essential that this role partners with the business to plan, forecast and monitor results during the year not only providing financial control but also providing forward looking insights that have an impact on the business. The role will involve preparation, analysis and control of weekly, monthly, and annual financial results and analysis. This role will closely support other members of the finance team including management accountants and working capital specialists.
Your key responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with business operators, by sharing and interpreting information that will help to improve business performance.
- Complete month end and year end close for your portfolio.
- Provide pro-active financial control for your portfolio.
- Detailed responsibility for the annual planning process and other ad hoc forecasts
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Finance Manager and Assurance Operations team to ensure emerging issues are raised promptly and to raise requests for assistance/resource on behalf of the service line
- Develop a thorough understanding of the underlying business issues and provide forward looking and proactive advice on how to prevent and/or address these
- Provide forward looking analysis that impacts business decisions
- Analyse the business through the account margin lens and provide insight to the business to improve margin
- Performing other ad hoc projects concerning systems, process improvement and other business requirements
Skills and attributes for success
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Confident and able to build strong relationships at management levels
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively
- Understanding of and an ability to provide excellent client service
- Commercial approach and ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Relevant financial experience from an accountancy or internal finance function
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to multi-task with a proactive approach with proven ability to respond promptly to business demands and adopt a flexible approach to tasks
- Understanding of a professional services environment
- Commitment to developing self, desire to make the role their own
- Ability to coach and develop other members of the finance team
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of stakeholders.
Full-time, permanent and hybrid role. 3 days WFH and 2 days office based
Excellent salary & bens package
To apply please email in your CV via the web link