My client, a public sector organisation, based in Dublin city centre, is looking to recruit a Payroll Officer to take up an 18 month maternity cover contract position with a non-negotiable salary of €47,633 on offer. This position will initially be based remotely with plans to return to the office when government guidelines deem it safe to do so.
This is a stand-alone position in which the successful candidate will report directly to the finance manager and work closely with the HR team to process a monthly payroll of over 750 staff members. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a high volume, high paced payroll position and hold an IPASS qualification.
The main duties of the role include:
- Processing of the monthly payroll
- Administering third party deductions, i.e. Pension, VHI, Social Welfare, LPT, ASC etc.
- Complete control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment
- Prepare payroll reports to support overall budgeting forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with Revenue under PAYE modernisation
- Keep up to date with legislative changes which impact on payroll
- Accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end
- Complete reports for pension administrator and CSO.
- Responsible for the preparation of both Internal and External Audits
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant payroll position processing a high volume of payroll.
- Must be IPASS qualified
- Knowledge of public sector pay and pension processing
- Experience with Core HR system preferred but not essential
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and MSWord
To be considered for this position, please send a copy of your CV for immediate review to Amy Maguire at Lex Consultancy via the enclosed link.