This leading professional educational body currently required an experienced PA/Administrator to join the Dean’s office.
Reporting to the Dean, you will be a member of the staff contributing through teamwork to carrying out the activities of the organisation
You will mainly support the Dean by acting as PA to the Dean and delivering administration functions that support the Office of the Dean and strategy of the organisation
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Dean in the administration and upholding of the Dean’s Office, which will require dealing with a range of stakeholders and information.
- Supporting the Dean in the preparation of a range of academic documentation, including academic references and appeals, committee reports;
- Providing administrative support in connection with Dean’s attendance at Committees, including the preparation of agendas, papers and meeting notes;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence to the Dean.
- Verification of tutor/lecturer/guest speaker payments submissions.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external tutors and lecturers.
- Supporting the Dean in preparation and delivery of introductory/welcome and induction programmes and materials for incoming teaching staff and student cohorts.
- Liaising with the student society, the Member Relations Officer on members’ activities.
- Liaising with relevant coordinators to ensure that the Mooting and Debating calendars and programmes sync with the academic calendar.
- Supporting the management of student and tutor feedback on courses and course delivery.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of documentation relating to accreditation.
- Assist the Dean in managing their diary and organising meetings.
- Be flexible, adaptable, and available to take on other tasks or duties as required from time to time.
Requirements, Skills, and Attributes
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge and use of MS office skills.
- Demonstrates strong decision making, judgment, and problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy and ability to co-ordinate administrative requirements.
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Capacity to take ownership of tasks and determination to see them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ensures that customer service is at the heart of everything they do.
Full-time permanent role. 35 hour working week. Salary €35k plus onsite parking if required.
To apply please email in your CV via the web link