My client, a corporate law firm with offices in Dublin City Centre are looking to recruit a Network/IT Support Administrator to join their busy IT team. This is a permanent position with excellent benefits included, the salary on offer is €40-44k DOE. This will be a dynamic role for a strong technical candidate that will work across Network Admin and support the IT Helpdesk when necessary.
Applicants are required to hold an IT qualification and have strong technical knowledge coupled with solid network and ideally Sys Admin experience. The successful applicant will also be supporting helpdesk and training the Helpdesk team on new systems - but will be more project based than just handling tickets.
Interviews will be carried out remotely and the re-opening of the offices will be in line with Government guidelines. The IT team are currently on-site 1-2 days per week.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager quickly and efficiently
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner.
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
Minimum 3+ years’ experience as network administrator
Proven skills in networking to include: DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless
Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on LAN/WAN and voice issues reported from business users
Working with third party with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems
Experience with legal software such as I-Manage or Elite 3E would be a distinct advantage
Administration and maintenance of all internal servers (both physical and virtual)
Maintain ownership of the network design and support all design documents
Maintain and monitor infrastructure and services such as Active Directory, DNS, VPN, SQL Server and VMware.
Maintain backup server and infrastructure. (Physical and Virtual)
Implementing and administration of UC Platform
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A third level IT qualification / 5 years experience.
- The ability to communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner;
- Working knowledge of legal software such as document management systems (i-manage), practice management systems (elite 3e) and interaction an advantage
- Proven skills in networking to include: DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below.