The Knowledge and Learning Administrator has two main responsibilities; Supporting the maintenance and management of the firm’s knowledge systems (including its Sharepoint platform) and managing the day-to-day and ongoing operation, maintenance and administration of the firm’s Learning Management System (“LMS”).
- Design and maintain Knowledge pages on the firm’s Sharepoint Platform
- Upload content to Knowledge pages and conduct regular review/audit of content to ensure that it remains accurate and up-to-date
- Coordinate with practice group representatives regarding presentation of their knowledge pages
- Prepare training manuals, user guides, FAQs and video tutorials (where required)
- Manage day-to-day activities within the LMS including course and user management, uploading new learning content and managing learner enrolments
- Provide appropriate LMS training and training materials for users of the LMS
- Develop and document processes or policies to ensure consistent use of the LMS
- Oversee the quality of LMS content including regular review/audit of course status, and coordination to eliminate duplicate, conflicting or redundant content
- Set up and maintain scheduled reports in the LMS
- Investigate the delivery of mobile learning to the firm using the LMS mobile app
- Support development and review of library processes and procedures, including contributions to library pages of intranet.
- Provide administrative assistance in relation to library systems
- Work in partnership with the IT Helpdesk and others to investigate, troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of issues with any of the firm’s knowledge systems or with the LMS, to improve system functionality.
Skills, experience and attributes required of the ideal candidate:
- Previous LMS administration experience desired
- Good working knowledge of Sharepoint
- Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and basic video/audio software tools
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve problems
- An information/systems professional with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated interest in knowledge, learning and development, with strong design and delivery skills.
- Strong demonstrated interest and literacy in I.T.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of diverse team.
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage multiple projects and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Has an enthusiastic and can-do-attitude. Is motivated to continuous improvement and personal and professional development.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to Sarah at Lex Consultancy via the link below