My client is a professional services provider of patient safety, regulatory compliance, and quality improvement intelligence and support to health and social care organisations.
Reporting to the Director of Quality and Safety the Junior Quality and Safety Specialists role shall include, development, implementation and support of practical quality and safety management systems within healthcare organisations such as Hospitals, Disability Services, Nursing Homes, Home Care, Medical Transport, Regulatory Bodies and Primary Care.
Responsibilities of the Quality & Safety Specialist shall include (but not limited to)
- Support the development of the client Quality & Safety Management Systems, including:
- Provide support during the development of Quality & Safety Management Systems to fulfil healthcare regulation and accreditation. This includes all quality development as well as clinical and non-clinical risk management.
- Support the development of quality improvement initiatives to improve the effectiveness of care and service delivery
- Provide support with the Implementation of risk management systems such as incident identification and complaints processes.
- Enhance systems for ongoing patient/client/resident involvement, e.g. focus groups
- Assist and support Incident Investigations
- Support the development of performance measurement systems in healthcare, e.g. Clinical Audit
- Support the development of clients understanding and fulfilment of regulations including:
- Joint Commission International (JCI)
- National and International Best Practice
- Assist, and provide support, with educating clients re process control and the use of Policies & Procedures Framework
- Assist and provide support with training and education programmes
- Support the utilisation of Q-Pulse software system
- Development of Client Relationships:
The Junior Quality & Safety Specialist is responsible for supporting the Quality Management System (QMS) as follows:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the process, and associated procedures, of the services provided.
- Recording, managing and addressing all allocated non-conformances in a timely and effective manner and in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Completing all specific audit activities as identified by the Quality Manager in accordance to the applicable procedure.
- Ensuring that all relevant regulatory requirements related to the service being provided, are considered and incorporated during provision of that service.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Nursing Degree (desirable)
- A Masters Qualification (desirable)
- A healthcare Qualification (required)
- Knowledge of HIQA Standards (desirable)
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (desirable)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Full clean Driving License and own car
The successful candidate will be required to travel to various areas in Ireland in the fulfilment of their duties.
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV to Ellen via the enclosed link.