My client is a respected educational body based centrally in Dublin 2 who are seeking to hire an experienced IT Service Desk Analyst to support a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
- Deliver prompt in-depth, customer-focused technical support to wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provide in-person, phone and remote based 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support for any service within the IT Service Catalogue and resolve all issues with desktop computers, laptops & mobile devices used by stakeholders.
- Resolve incidents and service requests, raised via the IT Service Desk, adhering to agreed procedures and service levels.
- Perform hardware and software fault diagnosis and resolution including re-building devices and recovering data.
- Provide support for the technical systems administration for an IT Service Desk tools, for example the Phone Call Management, Queue Management, Remote Support and ITSM system.
- Ensure that all work is logged and recorded in the IT Service Desk system and that customers are keep informed of status and progress of incidents logged.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and adhere to all service management principles.
- Promptly, & appropriately, escalate complex incidents which cannot be resolved to other 3rd line support teams in IT Services.
- Write & maintain procedural documentation and review other written documentation to assist the IT Service Desk with knowledge management in the resolution of common incidents and for service support purposes.
- Be responsible for providing mentoring, training and support to other colleagues when required.
- Implementing such measures as recommended by the IT Security Manager to ensure that the security of the IT systems is maintained; responding to any breaches of security and install appropriate protection.
- Essential - Degree or postgraduate qualification in an Information Technology, Computer Science related discipline or A degree or postgraduate qualification with demonstratable appropriate level and range of professional experience in IT -
- Desirable - ITIL or equivalent IT Service Management qualification
- In-depth technical knowledge of Windows and Mac Operating Systems and knowledge of a wide-range of software applications including MS Office (O365), web browsers and utilities
- Excellent troubleshooting knowledge for Windows & Mac operating systems and hardware issues
- Knowledge of networking troubleshooting
- Awareness of IT security fundamentals
- Essential - At least 4 year's experience of working IT support environment with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience of using an ITSM tool and compiling and maintaining accurate work records and documentation.
- Experience of working in a team, aware of the importance of sharing experience, knowledge and information with others and evidence of ability to build beneficial working relationships
- Demonstrated experience of excellent problem-solving including an ability to diagnose complex hardware and software faults and successful delivery of solutions to complex problems in a measured and creative way, demonstrating the ownership of issues and opportunities.
- An understanding of what customer service excellence means and demonstrate excellent customer service skills, with a good telephone manner, keeping the customers’ needs continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey and to present potentially complex technical information so that it is clear and easily understood
- Ability to build and develop relationships with peers and stakeholders to ensure effective exchange of information to support day-to-day work using existing practices.
- Good time management skills
If you meet the requirements and can commit to a contract, please send your CV to Ellen via the enclosed link.