One of Ireland's leading full service law firms are currently seeking to recruit an IT First Line Help Desk Support on a full time permanent contract. This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive professional legal firm and be a member of a 4 person team. Based 100% in the head office in Dublin 2, this position provides day-to-day IT support to all employees.
Package: Salary of €35k - €40k DOE. Pension. 23 days AL.
This role is suitable for an IT graduate with three-four years' experience looking to develop detailed experience in all aspects of network administration. Comprehensive training will be provided on site.
The candidate will ideally have completed an IT degree (Computing) and have three–four years' experience.
Role and responsibilities:
- Assist with firm wide deployment of new PC’s.
- Assist with new employee IT set up and desk moves.
- Provide end-user support for hardware, software and mobile device issues.
- Install, configure and support our desktops, laptop, smartphone and peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Receive and troubleshoot calls.
- Escalate to other IT team members when necessary.
- Ensure all “NEW” IT tickets are reviewed, assigned and prioritised.
- Ensure all “OPEN” tickets are updated and communicated regularly with the requestor.
- At all times, ensure that polite and timely communication with the customer regarding any aspect of the IT service.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are critical along with fluent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work on own initiative with attention to detail and a flexible approach to work and work hours are required.
Skills, experience and characteristics required:
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with changing priorities/deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent communication skills via different mediums i.e. telephone, email and in-person.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Evidence of teamwork/strong team player.
- Work experience in a Legal IT environment advantageous but not essential.
This is a full time contract with a six-month probation period.
The normal working hours are 37.5 hours/week varying between 8:30am and 6.00pm.
Flexibility is required to work outside normal hours from time to time to deal with system upgrades etc. Time off in lieu will be provided for any overtime worked.
Please forward a CV & Cover Letter to register your interest.