A client of ours is seeking an experienced IT Administrator for a permanent position on their IT team in Dublin City Centre.
They are about to undergo a complete review and major upgrade of their IT infrastructure in Ireland and need additional support to assist with this.
The IT Administrator will work alongside the IT Manager, gathering information and reviewing current infrastructure and providing recommendations for upgrades. They will then assist with the migration to updated systems. Once the upgrades have been implemented, the successful candidate will act as the first line of support for any issues that may arise and will be responsible for the installation, setup, and maintenance of computers, software and other hardware.
The role involves regular travel to sites, whilst mainly in the Dublin area there will be the need for travel to and from Cork and Belfast so a full clean driver’s license is required.
- Survey staff devices at various sites, collect information and work with IT Manager on providing recommended upgrade paths
- Rebuilding and Imaging devices, transfer data, swap components and re-configure software
- Work with IT team and external providers on larger projects to migrate servers, email and other systems
- Manage incoming support calls from staff and log all tickets
- Provide monthly reports on helpdesk activity to the IT manager
- Provide first line support for user issues on all areas of technology (desktop, network, applications, peripherals and meeting room/AV facilities) and provide resolutions in line with company procedure
- Escalate any issues to the IT Manager where necessary and maintain contact with the user maintaining a helpful and friendly approach.
- Help set up new starters with relevant equipment and provide training as needed
- Provide hardware support for network devices such as copiers and printers, liaise with 3rd party vendors and support providers to ensure repairs and upgrades are implemented efficiently.
- Ensure the company Information Security and Acceptable Usage policy is followed by all users.
Requirements for the role
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- IT Qualification
- Ambition and drive to constantly upskill and advance industry knowledge through research, lab equipment setups and training.
Working hours are from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday however it is important to note that flexibility around these core hours will be required on occasions to support the needs of the business.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV highlighting your relevant experience.