Lex are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer to serve as a safety champion for an organisation based in south Dublin.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, you will assist in designing and implementing the safety management framework. They are seeking motivated individuals with a strong safety background and administrative experience who can provide a high level of support across the organisation.
Work Type: Full time and permanent – 9am -5.30pm (with some flexibility around these hours)
Salary: €50k+ benefits and depending upon qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving the health and safety culture on site using your influencing skills.
- Compile required weekly, monthly safety reporting and present to the management team
- Working with leaders to schedule and conduct risk assessment and ensure compliance on high-risk activities.
- Through an onsite presence, support the implementation of safety practices and ensure compliance to the site Safety requirements.
- Participate in the delivery and coordination of training, onboarding, and inductions.
- Develop and implement training and assessment across operational areas.
- Guide and mentor a wide range of stakeholders to instill a positive culture of health and safety.
- Conduct safety audits/inspections
- Review of Contractor documentation and safety compliance prior to commencement of works/production
- Manage the administration of health and safety records, files and information
- Report on the performance of the health and safety function within the organisation
- Support the development and implementation of COVID-19 procedures, best practice guidance and training.
- Minimum 3rd level Degree/Higher-Diploma in Safety Health and Welfare at Work. Engineering/Construction background is an advantage.
- minimum 5 years' experience in a similar health and safety role
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 or ISO 18001 is preferred but not essential
- Manual Handling Trainer and risk assessment
- DSE Assessor/Trainer
- Strong time management and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Hold a full clean driving license
Applicants must address the selection criteria in the position description to be eligible for this position. Please email your Resume to Sarah at Lex Consultancy by clicking the link below