This leading Higher Education Organisation wishes to appoint a Head of GL Data & Processing, on a permanent contract to work within the Financial and Management Accounting team.
General Ledger Data Processing & Month End Close Management
- Month-end processes including General Ledger close, balance sheet reconciliations (incl. Accounts Payable, Payroll, Financial Accounting, inter-company eliminations, accruals, prepayments) all to strict timelines;
- Timely processing of key downstream system interfaces into the General Ledger (including Payroll, Student Finance, Catering and Accommodation);
- Providing administrative and operational support for the organisation’s Benefaction funds, to include month end and quarter end close processes and relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders across the University
- Supporting quarterly analytical reviews of income and expenditure accounts – including payroll system to GL reconciliations;
Oracle Chart of Accounts Management
- Managing and maintaining the Oracle General Ledger Chart of Accounts coding structure for the ledger;
- Managing and maintaining the Oracle General Ledger Chart of Accounts coding structure for US GAAP ledgers;
- Supporting root cause analysis testing and resolution routed through FIS (Financial Information Systems) support ticketing system, integration support for other sub-ledger modules or specific queries from end users through centralised GL support mailbox;
Systemised Account Reconciliation Platform
- Managing new Oracle Account Reconciliation Cloud platform (over 500 accounts);
- Driving ongoing use case development to support optimum benefits realisation;
- Providing end user support and training;
- Developing/updating compliance KPI reporting for senior management including the CFO;
Financial Systems & Processes Continuous Improvement Strategy:
- Manage the development, maintenance and delivery of appropriate training supports for the University’s end users around Oracle General Ledger, ORION BI reporting, ARCS (Oracle Account Reconciliation Cloud Service);
- Driving the highest standards in support & training materials to promote user self-service;
- Leading and proactively recommending improvements in the organisation’s financial systems to drive ongoing data accuracy, process efficiency and tighter internal controls;
- Using project management skills to support any project deliverables across the Financial & Management accounting team;
Annual Audit & Ad hoc Support
- Supporting the organisation’s annual audit process;
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end financial statements
Fully qualified accountant and a member of a recognised Irish Accounting body.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Applicants should have a minimum of 4 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in a similar role, in a medium to large organisation.
- Knowledge and strong experience in an Oracle or other computerised accounting environment essential
- Previous experience on intercompany accounting, consolidations and intercompany elimination processes a distinct advantage
- Previous team management experience is essential
- Well-developed organisational skills and a proven ability to manage various tasks/projects in deadline-oriented environment, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills and a confident problem solver, resourceful with the ability to troubleshoot issues (including IT) independently.
- Fosters a collegiate environment and is responsive to differing needs and viewpoints, working co-operatively within their teams and across the University to achieve goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential; the successful candidate will be comfortable explaining complex financial/system concepts and issues, dealing with queries from both internal and external stakeholders in an accessible and professional manner.
- Excellent technical financial and computer skills; confident user of IT as a driver of efficiency with a high level of competency in MS Office applications, including Microsoft Excel, Power BI and Business Analytics tools (e.g. Hyperion Essbase) as a support tool for reporting and analysis, are essential.
- Advising and supporting on areas of General Ledger and financial reporting policies and standards
Project & People Management:
- Leading and managing a team, prioritising work, coaching and supporting staff to ensure cross functional support within their immediate team and the wider Financial and Management accounting team and FSD area;
- Proactively driving and supporting continuous process improvements within the team, supported by strong financial accounting experience combined with excellent Oracle technical knowledge/experience and IT literacy;
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate with huge scope for further career growth & development
Hybrid role. 3 days WFH & 2 days office based. Salary €63,100
To apply please email in your CV via the web link