Irelands leading Research Body are currently recruiting for Grants Compliance Manager to join their organisation. They are seeking a suitably qualified individual to develop, implement and manage a framework of guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance across the organisation’s Grants portfolio.
- Lead on the development of ex-ante and ex-post processes which support the organisation in demonstrating legislative compliance in its Grants, as per national, European and other relevant guidelines.
- Develop a register of Collaborative Research Agreements (CRAs) and associated compliance checks as a reference for future audits / inspection.
- Work closely with appointed Auditors to develop ex-post compliance processes and support in identifying the requisite documentation required.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and alleged breaches of compliance.
- Regularly review organisational procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Actively engage with relevant Directorates to develop and embed guidelines for ensuring compliance with State aid regulations as part of the programme development process.
- Provide responses to both external and internal enquiries relating to State aid and track responses / resolution accordingly.
- Assist Scientific Programme Managers (SPMs) with relevant aspects of programme administration, in particular, ex-ante and ex-post oversight.
- Work with SPMs to address corrective action taken by management to address compliance deficiencies, including assisting management with implementation of corrective action when necessary and conducting follow-up reviews to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of actions taken.
- Work closely with the Research Performing Organisation / Research Centre Business Development managers and TTO personnel to ensure there is a clear understanding across the research eco-system of organisation’s obligations and compliance requirements.
- Advise management on compliance with State aid law through regular reporting.
- Manage compliance with other areas of the law as required.
- Excellent Project Management and organisational skills with proven experience of project management and effective project delivery.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the activities of an agency supporting publicly funded research in Ireland.
- Good understanding of guidance concerning intellectual property management relating to publicly funded research in Ireland.
- Good working knowledge of European Framework legislation concerning State aid.
- Knowledge of broader areas encompassing research governance and relevant policy.
- Proven experience of engaging and building relationships with management teams, staff members and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills, including ability to understand and analyse complex issues and problems.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role involving Grants and / or Programme management.
- Demonstrated understanding or proven experience of developing and implementing assurance procedures or compliance policy is essential.
- Familiarity with European legislation concerning State aid is desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with national and international policy relating the research governance in Higher Education Institutions / Research Organisations is desirable not essential.
Hours Mon-Thu 9:00-5:30. Fri 9:00-5:00
Salary Pay Scale €69,012 plus 30 days annual leave