Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant required for global financial org D2
Excellent opportunity to join the finance function of one of Ireland’s largest, and most successful professional service firms, offering diverse services to clients in a fast-paced environment.
Key tasks will include;
Performance management and reporting
- Providing and communicating weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts.
- Preparation of financial information for inclusion in the monthly presentation submitted to the leadership team.
- Profit & Loss consolidation reporting.
- Preparation and issuing of financial reporting packs for key stakeholders.
- Interpreting financial information and providing appropriate analysis to budget owners / interested parties so that issues can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with other members of the Finance team to develop best-in-class reporting and analysis to drive understanding of performance and communication of this to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient management of expenditure to ensure that costs are appropriate and in line with budgets, liaising with teams across the firm to ensure that costs are understood.
- Contributing to the continued development and maintenance of the financial knowledge and awareness of budget holders, the management team and other relevant interested parties.
Budgeting and forecasting
- Support the annual financial planning and regular forecast process and liaise with the relevant departments to ensure sign-off by all key stakeholders.
- Proactively review and challenge the financial plans/ forecasts and understand key drivers and assumptions.
- Preparing and inputting budgets and reforecasts as required.
- Liaising with financial controllers to determine budget plans for the firm, working with the Senior Finance Manager to review, analyse and challenge plans.
Project Support and continuous improvement
- Identify and improve tools and systems to provide enhanced financial and operational information.
- Embrace and drive system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change.
- Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required e.g. business cases for investment, internal and external communications etc.
The ideal candidate will have
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with a minimum of 1 year PQE in a commercially focused FP&A role, with proven experience in a fast paced working environment.
- Experience in producing budgets, forecasts and management accounts for multi-departmental/business units.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities, delivering to tight deadlines through the consideration of risk, importance and level of urgency.
- An ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner through the skilful gathering and analysis of information.
- Ability to demonstrate data analytic capabilities preferred
- A high degree of accuracy, effective planning and a relentless attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Resilience, flexibility and calmness under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop strong relationships across the finance team, key stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.
- Strong IT skills including advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Salary €55k-€65k plus bonus & excellent benefits package.
Hybrid role 3 days WFH and 2 days office based.
To apply please email in your CV via the web link