This leading educational organisation wishes to appoint a Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant, on a Specific Purpose Contract (maternity leave). The successful person will work as part of the Financial Planning & Risk Management team and will be expected to make a dynamic contribution in the provision of a responsive, effective, and user-friendly financial support service for the organisation and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation of multi-annual financial plans and forecasts (incl. income, expenditure and cashflow) for the organisation and its constituent Faculties and Divisions, in addition to monitoring and reporting of performance against such plans
- Support the continuing implementation of the new budgetary cycle process across the organisation, particularly in Faculties and Divisions
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget for the organisation and its constituent Faculties and Divisions, in addition to monitoring and reporting of performance against the budget
- Provide quarterly analytical forecasts and analysis of complex financial data including trend and variance analysis for the organisation and its constituent Faculties and Divisions
- Recommending and supporting improvements in the organisation’s financial systems and accounting practice to meet current and future business needs
- Assist with the maintenance of the organisation’s financial risk register
- Assist with the design and delivery of presentations and reports for the Board and Principal Committees and other associated Groups
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Candidate must be a fully qualified accountant and be a member of a recognised Irish Accounting body.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Applicants will have at least 1 years’ post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar role, in a medium to large organisation.
- Experience in Oracle or other computerised accounting environment is essential
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with previous financial accounting experience.
- Well-developed organisational skills with a proven ability to manage various tasks in a busy environment and prioritise accordingly, deadline oriented with good attention to detail.
- Confident problem solver, resourceful with the ability to troubleshoot basic issues (including IT) independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential; the successful candidate will be comfortable explaining complex situations in simple terms, dealing with queries from both internal and external stakeholders in an accessible and professional manner. A customer service approach is essential.
Hybrid role 3 days WFH and 2 days office based. 35 hour working week. Salary €53,000. FTC Maternity leave role.
To apply please email in your CV via the web link