Experienced Financial Controller required for a 12 month contract position with our client, a public sector body in Dublin 2.
- Oversee all payments ensuring funds are distributed in line with strong governance and financial controls.
- You will manage all aspects of financial reporting including the annual budgeting process, internal monthly reporting, forecasting and preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- The role will manage a team of six including the accounts payable function.
- You will play a key role in ensuring the annual budget is maximised while maintaining strong governance and act as the main finance contact with the parent Department & other key government departments
- The role will prepare and present financial reports to the Audit and Risk Committee and on occasion to the Board. The role will also play a key role in leading the organization in the area of Corporate Governance.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team.
- A capacity to build positive working relationship with colleagues and external stakeholders; to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to network effectively.
- A flexible approach to problem solving and decision making to ensure the best solution is achieved focusing on the need for greater efficiency and effective delivery.
- Good numeracy skills, strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Ability to multitask, manage competing demands and work effectively to deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Well-developed IT skills.
- Fully accredited professional qualification in Accountancy and a minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Degree level (or greater) or equivalent professional qualification in Business, or a related discipline.
- Proven expertise/knowledge in internal controls and governance.
- Delivery of annual reports/ financial statements and management reporting.
- Experience of ensuring compliance to financial controls and procedures.
- Successful track record in delivering programmes analyses or other equivalent achievements in a similar environment.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, and managing projects involving a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Please send your CV through the web link or email: email@example.com