At Lex Consultancy we are currently seeking to recruit a motivated and dynamic Financial Controller for a prominent media organisation in Dublin City Centre.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this new position will hold responsibility for co-ordination, production and reporting of all group accounting information while also being responsible for Group Treasury matters.
The following responsibilities will apply to this role:
- Coordinating and leading the production of consolidated monthly management accounts together with supporting financial analysis and commentary to tight deadlines
- Production of annual published financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- The management and co-ordination of the annual statutory audit together with management of key relationship with auditors
- Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of annual group budgets together with monthly forecasts
- The management of all day to day aspects of the Group Treasury function including cash/banking and foreign exchange hedging matters
- The management of all day to day tax compliance matters covering all relevant taxes including PAYE / PRSI, VAT, Withholding Tax, RCT, Corporation Tax including liaising and communication with tax advisors and the Revenue Commissioners as appropriate
- Preparation and review of month end accounts and forecasts for Finance division and Corporate Centre
- Management of day to day activities including Payroll, Fees, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- The maintenance and review of internal financial controls
Interested candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise across the areas specified above. Very strong accounting, taxation, systems and management experience is essential to be considered.
The following will also be required:
- Qualified member of a recognised professional body of accountants with at least 7 years relevant post-qualification experience
- A thorough, detailed knowledge of both IFRS and of other appropriate current professional accounting and audit standards
- Experience in treasury management and banking matters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external parties are essential
- A demonstrable ability to manage a number of projects and tasks to tight timelines is a requirement
- Strong management and influencing skills are important
This is a permanent position that will offer a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate. For further information, call Laura Craughwell at Lex Consultancy on 01 6633030. To be considered, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review in complete confidence via the enclosed link.