6-8 month fixed term contract
The salary for this position is €69,021
30 days a/l pro rata
37 hour week
This position will play a key role in the Finance & Corporate Services Department. As Financial Controller you will oversee all payments ensuring funds are distributed in line with strong governance and financial controls. You will manage all aspects of financial reporting including the annual budgeting process, internal monthly reporting, forecasting and preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- Manage a team of seven including the accounts payable function.
- Play a key role in ensuring the annual budget is maximised by working closely with the Various programme teams on an ongoing basis
- Act as the main finance contact to their parent Department
- Prepare and present financial reports to the Audit and Risk Committee
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Fully accredited professional qualification in Accountancy and a minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Degree level (or greater) or equivalent professional qualification in Business, or a related discipline.
- Proven expertise/knowledge in internal controls and governance.
- Delivery of annual reports/ financial statements and management reporting.
- Experience of ensuring compliance to financial controls and procedures.
- Experience of change management.
- Effective staff management skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent team-player skills and flexibility.
- Successful track record in delivering programmes analyses or other equivalent achievements in a similar environment.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, and managing projects involving a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Please forward your CV today if you meet he above criteria and are interested in this role.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.