One of Ireland’s leading law Firms are currently seeking to recruit a qualified Financial Accountant to join their Finance team. This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive professional practice with a good opportunity for advancement within the firm. The successful candidate will work with the Director of Finance and Administration and join an experienced finance team using an advanced integrated computer accounting system (Partner for Windows).
This is a new role and duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assisting the Director of Finance & Administration in the day-to-day accounting function.
- Assisting the Director of Finance in monthly reporting to the partnership.
- Assisting in preparation of budgets and fee targets
- Assisting with preparation of management accounts and reporting to management team.
- Gathering, preparing and presenting of files and information for annual financial audit.
- Liaising with business colleagues in managing files on the practice management system.
- Management and ensuring certain key critical systems are reconciled and balanced.
- Being responsible for regulatory reporting to the Law Society of Ireland and ensuring that the firm adheres to best practice of the Solicitors Accounts Regulations 2014.
- Managing certain key projects to ensure adherence with high standards of financial management eg promoting good practice of file management, WIP & outlay management,
- Special reports and other ad hoc work as required within the department
- At least one year’s post qualification experience ideally in a professional services environment
- Highly proficient MS Office computer skills (particularly Excel)
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- A strong interest in developing their career in accounts (and legal accounts)
The ideal candidate will have excellent accounting knowledge gained in a professional services environment, will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a disciplined ability to document work, prioritise own tasks and manage time effectively.
- Eager to learn, enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Flexible team player
- Adaptable, pro-active, positive and helpful
- Ability to get on well with your colleagues at all levels within the firm
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Well organised and methodical
- Good analytical skills
Salary €60k-€65k doe plus excellent benefits package. Hybrid working role.
To apply please email in your CV via the web link