This professional body are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for a Finance Transformation Project
The Finance Project Manager will act as the primary liaison between the business and vendor, providing timely and accurate communication, reporting, and decision-making support to the business.
This role reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for planning, monitoring and executing the Finance Transformation Project, with oversight from the Leadership Team.
The Finance Project Manager manages the vendor-relationship, conducting regular meetings as required and reporting back to the business. Concurrently, the Finance Project Manager works closely with cross-functional teams, especially Finance and IT, to conduct a detailed requirement specification and to ensure proper training and documentation.
RFP and initial planning:
- Complete the RFP phase and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional partners to ensure the business' needs are being met
- Conduct a detailed requirement and reporting capability analysis to include training and documentation needs; custom reporting; data conversion and migration; and associated risks
- Ensure project management best practice across FMS planning and delivery stages
- Identify and manage cost drivers and challenges at planning stage to inform budget and spend
- Conduct internal and vendor risk analysis to include assumptions, constraints and dependencies
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and implementing the project from end-to-end, including closing out of the RFP
- Work with the Finance Team and successful vendor to ensure that the project is managed in accordance with agreed delivery schedules, specifications, and budget
- Work with the IT Team and successful vendor to establish a robust testing strategy, ensuring adequate resources are in place
- Maintain an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Ensure that any risks, issues and changes are defined and communicated throughout
- Monitor progress continually to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Measure project financials to ensure progression to plan, budget and expectation
- Identify opportunities and implementation of cost saving opportunities where possible
- Provide technical and advisory support for staff to safeguard successful implementation
- Conduct study closeout reviews, ensuring any findings are actioned
Stakeholder relationship management:
- Communicate progress by developing project road-map and timeline, and by providing regular reports and status updates to Leadership Team
- Support organisational performance and project completion by coordinating with, and motivating, cross-functional teams as required
- Regularly review the end product and goals to determine project status and associated risk
- Manage vendor relationship to ensure that requirements are delivered as agreed, costs are maintained, and product meets the expectations and needs of the business
- Ensure excellent communication with the vendor, conducting regular meetings on a weekly/biweekly basis depending on the project phase
Relationships with other roles in the business:
The Project Manager - Financial Transformation Project reports to the Director of Finance, and works closely with the Finance Team, including the Finance Team Lead. The Project Manager will also work closely with the IT Team, including the Head of IT and Systems Tester. The Project Manager will liaise with other Departments as required for the successful completion of the project.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Project Management experience within the area of Financial Services / Accounting
- A strong technical background and understanding of financial systems
- Excellent track record in communicating and reporting on multi-scaled projects
- Knowledge of project management software and methodologies
- Experience in reporting and providing support to decision-makers who are non-finance / technological SMEs
This role is a minimum 12 month fixed term contract (remote based) with some flex on working hours. Salary approx. €70,000.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV through the web link.
Please note only candidates that match the minimum job requirements above will be contacted for this role.